Packet Radio Weather Station Capture
Tracking weather stations just got easier
using the DWEATHER capture program.
Preview of the main
DWEATHER screen. (Read more
Now you can capture
those radio packet weather stations to a data file for
display and processing by other programs. Packet
radio has been helping to transport weather station data
from remote locations for many years. The DWEATHER
program was written to specifically capture this
"off the airwaves" data and write it to files
for display to Cable TV systems, Internet web pages, and
for email and paging applications. DWEATHER also writes
the information to files that can be process by other
software for weather forecasting or for triggering alerts
- DWEATHER will detect the following weather station string
types. (Version 2.4)
- Texas Weather Instruments (TWI)*
- Peet Bros. Company Inc. "Ultimeter"*
- APRS format weather strings (Future versions)*
- Ability to ignore any other packet strings as needed for
more specific logging.
DATA FILE CREATION FOR
DISPLAY OR PROCESSING PROGRAMS....
- DMAPPER will WRITE text files for a variety of uses such
- Cable TV (Line by Line) display
- Cable TV (Crawl) display
- Internet web page
- MDWEATHER Alert/Monitor Program (also by
DoodleBug Software LLC)
- Comma delimitted files for processing by other
programs and operating systems.
- A reference file is used to append other
information such as GPS coordinates or Altitude
to the data file.
- Filenames are assigned based on the CALLSIGN/ID of the
- Data files are written immediatly as the weather station
transmission is heard.
- As weather data is decoded it is displayed to the
DWEATHER screen for realtime monitoring.
RECEIVED TIME STAMPING....
- DWEATHER displays and saves the TIME a unit was heard
based on the PC clock.
- The communications serial port number can be designated
or changed as needed for your computer.
- DWEATHER watches the serial port for activity and
"resets" the port occasionally to assure proper
- Optional "send to port" feature can be used to
send commands to the TNC without using a terminal
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS *
DWEATHER is a full 32 bit program
written using Visual Basic 5.0 and higher.
- 486 PC
- 8 MB RAM
- Disk Space:
- 2 MB (depending on size of captured data files)
- Operating System:
- Windows 95/98 or higher, Windows NT
- One Serial Port set to 9600 baud.
- Other Software:
- Terminal program such as Hyper terminal is helpful to
configure the TNC/Packet Device
*Beta Version tested on 200 mhz Windows 98 (Second
Edition) and a Windows 95 486/66mhz processor as well as faster
machines running Windows NT Version 4.0
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY (beta version pricing only and subject
Version (Download Now coming
- $25.00 per copy on a single computer (CD delivery after
payment if requested for additional $5.00)
Copyright © 2002 by Doodlebug Software LLC.
All rights reserved.
All specifications subject to change without notice.
The DWEATHER program is a copyright protected product of
Doodlebug Software LLC.
* Other products and companies referred to
herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their
respective companies or mark holders.
Return to Doodlebug/Roadfacts
Page last updated 11/17/2002